Columbia Venus is a pregnancy support program available that allows you to enjoy the experience of childbirth, while everything else is taken care of. Pregnancy and childbirth are among the most cherished moments in a woman’s life, as they give her the joy of being a creator and life-giver.
At Columbia Asia, we take it as a privilege to be with you right from the beginning when you have decided to be a mother, through the whole nine months of your pregnancy and beyond. Right from pre-conception counseling, antenatal care to post-natal services, we will ensure that you and your baby are given the finest care the whole 9 months.
In addition, our specialized birthing centers provide a comfortable environment with easy access to essential medical equipment to handle emergencies.
Columbia Venus offers a wide range of services, which cater to all the timely needs of a mother and her child before, during and after pregnancy.
- Preconception counseling
- Care of the pregnant woman: comprehensive pre-natal care, exclusive labor rooms, 24-hour surgical capability and anesthesia support, complete maternal and fetal monitoring, immediate access to Neonatal ICU, etc.
- High risk pregnancy
- Pre-eclampsia and hypertensive disorder
- Previous pregnancy loss and recurrent pregnancy loss
- Preterm labor and delivery
- Cardiac problems
- Any medical disorder
- Contraceptive services
- Reproductive endocrinology (hormonal defects) and infertility
- Multidisciplinary care if needed in associated cardiac, renal, neurological medical problems.
- Multi-disciplinary care for co-management of high risk pregnancies with endocrinologist, physician, anesthetist, ultra sonologist, etc.
Comprehensive diabetes management program
- The Endocrinologist co-manages mothers with diabetes and a dietician assists in devising an individualized dietary regime.
- A diabetic educator is available and will provide reminders and schedule appointments for periodic laboratory investigations
Pain Management for Labour and delivery
- Counselling during antenatal period and decision with patient and family
- Patient-specific plan for pain management
Types of pain relief
- Supportive (non- pharmacological) techniques
- Regional anesthesia, local anesthetics, nerve block
Delivery wing facilities
- Day assessment unit
- 24 hour surgical capability and anesthesia support
- Exclusive labor suites
- Support for the family centered delivery
- Complete maternal / fetal monitoring throughout pregnancy and during labour
- Immediate access to Level III Neonatal ICU