Ahmedabad - Anesthesiology
The Department of Anesthesiology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Ahmedabad, provides anesthesia services to all surgical specialties like cardiac, renal transplants, paediatric surgery including neonates, vascular and endovascular, endourology and orthopedics including trauma and joint replacements and gynecology. Pre-anesthesia check-up prior to any surgery is mandatory in order to decide on which modality of anesthesia is suitable for each patient. The department includes skilled and experienced anesthesiologists who are also qualified in pain medicine including labor analgesia .
Pain management is a sub specialty of anesthesiology used by many medical specialties as an approach for easing the suffering and improving the quality of life for those living with chronic pain. At Columbia Asia Hospital – Ahmedabad, the pain management team includes the pain consultant /anesthesiologist, primary consultant of the patient, psychiatrists, neurologists, physiotherapists and occupational therapists. Pain sometimes resolves promptly once the underlying trauma or pathology has healed. In some cases the pain is treated with drugs such as analgesics and (occasionally) anxiolytics. Effective management of long term pain, however, frequently requires the coordinated efforts of the management team.
- Pre–operative check up
- Post-operative recovery
- Chronic pain management
- Palliative pain control as part of end of life care
- Labour analgesia including epidural anaesthesia/analgesia
Methods of pain management
- Pharmacologic measures, such as analgesics, tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsants
- Interventional procedures like epidural injections, facet joint injections, blocks, intrathecal drug
- Physiotherapy and exercise, application of ice and/or heat, Trans cutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Psychological measures, such as biofeedback and cognitive behavioral therapy
Tags: Columbia Asia Hospital – Ahmedabad, India, Anesthesiology, Anesthesia, Surgical Specialties, Transplants, Cardiac, Liver, Kidney, Paediatric, Surgery, Neonates, Vascular, Endovascular, Minimally Invasive, Endourology, Laser Orthopedics, Trauma, Joint Replacements, Cesareans, Gynecology, Pre-Anesthesia, Check up, Anesthesiologists, Labor Analgesia, Pain Medicine, Pain Management, Consultant, Psychiatrists, Neurologists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists