Ahmedabad - General Surgery and Surgical Gastroenterology
The Department of Surgical Gastroenterology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Ahmedabad, is a corner stone of integrated gastrointestinal care. We offer patient centric quality care built on evidence, compassion and innovation. Our aim is to integrate care across gastroenterology, oncology, pathology, radiology, interventional radiology, genetics and allied fields.
The physicians and surgeons at Columbia Asia Hospital, Ahmedabad, have got trained and worked at premiere institutions in India and abroad. The depth of surgical experience enables specialized care in fields such as Bariatric Surgery, Gastrointestinal Oncosurgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery and Endoluminal Surgery. Clinics and resources have been designed to help the patient meet all relevant doctors and obtain necessary investigations and treatment smoothly and efficiently.
For complex gastrointestinal issues such as rectal cancer, obesity or inflammatory bowel disease multidisciplinary care is essential.
Treatments and Procedures
- Liver surgery for benign and malignant diseases
- Surgical procedures for pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis ( Whipple’s procedure, Frey’s operation)
- Surgery for reflux and hiatal hernia
- Gastric cancer surgery
- Surgery for Crohn’s Disease
- Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Management of colon and rectal cancer
- Debulking and peritonectomy for advanced gastrointestinal malignancies
- Advanced colorectal procedures
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
- Laparoscopic colonic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer
- Laparoscopic removal of spleen and lymph nodes
- Laparoscopic bariatric (obesity) surgery
- Laparoscopic CAPD (catheter placement for peritoneal dialysis)
- Laparoscopic hernia operation
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction with Component Separation
- Repair of complex abdominal fistulae
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS-removal of gallbladder, appendix etc.)