Ahmedabad - Nephrology
The Department of Nephrology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Ahmedabad offers treatment for those afflicted by kidney diseases. The team has consultants who are trained at premier institutions in India and abroad.
Treatments and Procedures
- Acute renal failure
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute and chronic nephritis
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Reno vascular hypertension
- Collagen disorders involving the kidneys
- Facilities for CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy) for critically ill patients requiring dialysis
- Hemodialysis for acute and chronic renal failure patients, drug overuse etc
- Short term dialysis prior to transplantation
- Plasmapheresis for renal or non-renal cases
- Rigorous precautions are taken with patients suffering from Hepatitis B and C and dialysis for such patients is done on separate machines
- Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis (CAPD) is done for dialysis done at home and does not require any complicated machinery or hospitalisation.
- Renal transplant both from living and cadaver donors. Cadaveric transplant is done by harvesting the organ from a person certified as brain dead or deceased