Palam Vihar - Endocrinology
The Department of Endocrinology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Palam Vihar, Gurgaon provides comprehensive services in the evaluation, diagnosis and management of all hormone related disorders, in pediatric, adolescent and adult patients. The department covers such human functions as the coordination of metabolism, respiration, reproduction, sensory perception, and movement
The multi-disciplinary team is managed by a team of endocrinologist, diabetes nurse educator and dietician. The department offers both inpatient and outpatient service and clinical facilities for every type of endocrine problem. The focus is primarily on outpatient management of endocrinal and metabolic diseases to prevent complications and avoid needless hospital admissions. Patient awareness is the key to ensure management of these diseases effectively.
The consultant endocrinologist has been trained in some of the premier institutes and ensures that the team provides comprehensive care for children with diabetes and educates them regarding their disease .The endocrinologist is also experienced in evaluating and treating children with growth disorders and other endocrine diseases related to thyroid, adrenal and pituitary glands. The team provides specialized care for children and adults with metabolic bone disorders, obesity, menstrual, growth and pubertal disorders.
Treatments and procedures
- Investigation and long term management endocrine disorders
- Comprehensive management of diabetes mellitus :Type 1 Diabetes , Type 2 Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes with established insulin pump program
- Management of pituitary and hypothalamic diseases
- Management of thyroid disorders
- Management of adrenal disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome , Addison’s disease and Pheochromocytoma
- Medical management of obesity and lipid disorders
- Management of metabolic bone disorders and osteoporosis, disorders of calcium and bone metabolism.
- Menstrual, growth and pubertal disorders.
- Disorders of sexual development and function.
- Infertility and reproductive endocrinology
- Andrology including hypogonadism and disorders of the ovaries
- Endocrine tumors
- Pediatric endocrinology