Pune - Neurosurgery
The Department of Neurosurgery at Columbia Asia Hospital – Pune has a team of highly qualified and experienced Neurosurgeons specializing in neurosurgery for comprehensive management of diseases and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. The department aims at excellence in neurosurgical care through practice of evidence based medicine and treatment according to international protocols.
The consultants in the department have the expertise in various aspects of modern neurosurgery including trauma care, cerebrovascular surgery, interventional neuroradiology, endoscopic neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurosurgery and stereotactic neurosurgery. Comprehensive neuro-trauma services are available round the clock to provide emergency care for patients needing surgical and ICU management of head and spinal injuries.
Multiple minimally invasive procedures including artificial disc replacement, correction of kyphosis and scoliosis, removal of spinal cord and brain tumors, pituitary surgery and surgery for infections are also done.
Skull Base Surgeries are done as a multi-specialty surgical exercise which requires a team approach and is offered for surgical excision of skull base tumors, cranio facial resection and CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) leak repair. The team also performs functional Neurosurgical
procedures like epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulation (DBS) for Parkinson’s disease and surgery for relief of chronic pain.
Treatments and Procedures
- Cerebrovascular surgery for carotid endarterectomy, cerebral aneurysms, arterio venous malformation (AVM) and superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery by pass (ST-MCA By pass)
- Skull Base Surgery
- Pediatric neurosurgeries like shunt surgery and surgery for spinal dysraphism
- Interventional neuroradiology like coiling of aneurysm , AVM embolization, diagnostic angiograms and intraoperative angiograms
- Comprehensive neuro-trauma care both surgical and ICU management
- Spinal surgeries for injuries and degenerative disorders
- Surgery for brain tumours
- Laparoscopic surgeries or endoscopic surgeries
- Stereotactic neurosurgery
- Pituitary surgery
- Minimally invasive surgeries for cervical disc repair and replacement, microscopic lumbar discectomy, spinal stabilization and curvature disorders
- Endoscopic neurosurgery for intraventricular tumours, obstructive hydrocephalus- endoscopic third ventriculostomy