Sarjapur Road - Surgical Gastroenterology
Columbia Asia Hospital – Sarjapur, Bangalore has a well-established department of GI Surgery, which focuses on surgical management of diseases of the digestive tract. Our surgeons specialize in performing a variety of procedures on the gastrointestinal system and Liver viz. endoscopy, ultrasound and scope guided biopsies, minimally invasive procedures, bariatric surgeries and advanced surgeries for cancer.
The department is also equally supported by latest technology to ensure maximum patient safety and excellent procedure outcomes. We also have round the clock laboratory, blood bank, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
We also aim to provide comprehensive care to our patients by ensuring that they receive appropriate nursing, nutritional and rehabilitative (physical and psychological) support throughout their stay at the hospital.
Treatments and Procedures
- Surgery for reflux and hiatal hernia
- Gastric cancer surgery
- Liver surgery for benign and malignant diseases
- Surgical procedures for pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis ( Whipple’s procedure, Frey’s operation)
- Surgery for Crohn’s Disease
- Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
- Management of colon and rectal cancer
- Debulking and peritonectomy for advanced gastrointestinal malignancies
- Advanced colorectal procedures
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS)
- Laparoscopic colonic surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery for rectal cancer
- Laparoscopic removal of spleen and lymph nodes
- Laparoscopic bariatric (obesity) surgery
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction with Component Separation
- Repair of complex abdominal fistulae
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS-removal of gallbladder, appendix etc.)