Hebbal - Doctors
Dr. Avinash K M
MBBS, MS, MRCS ed. Mch (Neurosurgery), FINR (Fellowship in Interventional Neurosurgery-Switzerland), FMINS (Minimally Invasive and Endoscopic Neurosurgery-Germany), FSB&VN (Fellowship in Skullbase and Vascular Neurosurgery-Japan)
Consultant - Neurosurgery
Dr Avinash.KM is a senior consultant, Neurosurgery and Interventional Neurosurgery(Endovascular neurosurgery) at Columbia Asia Hospitals, and has been consulting at Yeshwanthpur and Hebbal units of Bangalore. Dr Avinash has completed his MBBS and MS in General Surgery from JJM Medical College, Davangere and done his MCh in Neurosurgery from prestigious King Edward Memorial Hospital (KEM Hospital)& Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai, which is a mecca of surgical training in INDIA.
Department of Neurosurgery at KEM hospital in one of the pioneering institutes in India and is the only department in India to have WFNS( World Federation of Neurological Surgery) accredited training for SKULL BASE SURGERY. Having completed his training in general micro-neurosurgery and Skull base surgery, Dr Avinash went on to do sub super speciality training in Interventional Neurosurgery(Endovascular Neurosurgery) at University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland for a period of one year. He also completed training in Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Neuro and Spine surgery at University Hospital Stuttgart Germany. He visited world renowned centre for vascular neurosurgery at Sapporo, Japan for advanced training in vascular neurosurgery and brain bypass surgeries. He also completed Fellowship Training in Neuro-endoscopy at India. He is been associated with Columbia Asia hospitals from last 5 years and has done some of the most complex brain and spine surgeries.
- Vascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Brain bypass surgeries.
- Complex skull base surgeries
- Endoscopic and Minimally invasive skull base surgery
- Surgery for brain tumours and recurrent brain tumours.
- General neurosurgery of the brain and spine
- Cervical and lumbar spinal problems.
- Recurrent complex spinal conditions.
- Epilepsy surgeries.
- Head and spine trauma
- Trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
Subspecialty Conditions Treated:
- Brain aneurysms
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Intracerebral hemorrhages
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Acute Stroke
- Carotid artery stenosis
- Intracranial artery disease
- Cavernous malformations
- Brainstem cavernous malformations
- Arteriovenous fistulas (brain and spine)
- Moya moya disease
Total Experience: 10 years
- Neurosurgery Residency-KEM hospital, Mumbai.
- Senior registrar(Neurosurgery) In KEM hospital, Mumbai.
- International clinical fellow- Interventional Neurosurgery- University hospital-Zurich, Switzerland.
- International Clinical fellow- Minimally Invasive Neuro and Endoscopic surgery- University Hospital- Stuttgart- Germany.
- Junior Consultant- BGS global Hospital, Bangalore.
- Consultant Neurosurgery- Columbia Asia Hospitals, Bangalore.