Hebbal - Doctors
Dr. Sumana Kolar Ramachandra
MS, DNB (General Surgery), ASTS fellowship (Transplant Surgery), Fellowship in Liver Transplant
Consultant HPB and Chief of Liver Transplant
Dr Sumana Kolar Ramachandra completed her Masters in Surgery from St Johns Medical College Bangalore following which she gained experience in Vascular Surgery and Trauma, GI and Renal Transplant during her tenure in St Johns Medical College hospital. She gained her Surgical Gastroenterology training at Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi one of the reputed Institutes in the country following which she went to the United States of America for transplant training.
Dr. Sumana has completed her ASTS Fellowship in Multiorgan Transplant Surgery including Pediatric transplants from Thomas E Starzl Transplantation Institute at University of Pittsburg Medical Center (UPMC) , Pittsburg, USA one of the pioneer Transplant Institutes in the World. She then returned to India to join the Institute of liver Transplant and Regenerative Medicine at Medanta the Medicity, and has gained a vast experience as a faculty in Living Donor liver transplant and Complex Hepatobiliary surgery. Her Research interests include Small for Size grafts in Living Donor liver transplant and surgery for Neuroendocrine tumors.
- Multiorgan Transplant Surgery Including Pediatric Transplants
- Living Donor liver Transplantation
- Complex Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
Total Experience: Over 18 Years
- Consultant, Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplantation Medanta, The Medicity Gurgaon.
- Associate Consultant , Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplantation, Medanta, The Medicity Gurgaon.
- Senior Fellow (Attending Consultant) Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Medanta, The Medicity Gurgaon.
- Consultant General Surgery,Suguna Hospital, Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore
- Clinical Fellow, Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi
- Lecturer Department of General Surgery St John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Senior Resident Department of General Surgery St John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Senior Resident Cardiothoracic Surgery St John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.
- Research Assistant Health Informatics and Public Health Department St John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore.