Hebbal - Doctors
Dr. Syed Naveed Azam
MBBS, MRCP (UK), CCST, FRCP (ED)
Consultant - Gastroenterology
Dr S Naveed Azam graduated from Bangalore Medical College and went to England for his postgraduate education and training. He currently works as a Consultant Gastroenterologist at Columbia Asia Hospital - Hebbal, Bangalore.
Dr Azam completed his postgraduate training in Internal Medicine at University Hospitals in Liverpool and Manchester, UK. He received the MRCP (UK) with distinction in 2003 and proceeded to do a 5 year super specialty training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University Hospitals of Leicester, UK. He also did a Fellowship in Advanced GI Endoscopy at Kettering General Hospital before getting his CCST in Gastroenterology.
Dr Azam was appointed as Consultant Gastroenterologist at Kettering General Hospital, Northamptonshire, UK in 2010 and continued in this post till 2013. He was the lead physician for the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Service and the Endoscopy training lead at the hospital besides being an Educational Supervisor for several specialty trainees in the deanery.
Dr Azam received the prestigious FRCP (Edin) in 2012 and returned to Bangalore as a Consultant Gastroenterologist, initially at Narayana Hrudayalaya and moved to Columbia Asia Hospital at Hebbal in 2014. He has gained immense experience over the years working at various institutions in India, Saudi Arabia and the UK. He is an active member of the British Society of Gastroenterology and has served as faculty on the National Endoscopy Training Courses in the UK.
Dr Azam's expertise is in treating patients with all types of digestive and liver disorders, with special interest in inflammatory bowel Disease (Crohns disease and ulcerative colitis). He offers a full range of GI Endoscopy service including Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy and ERCP and has extensive experience in highly skilled interventions such as treating acute Gastrointestinal bleeding, removing polyps, EMR, banding, stent insertion, and feeding tube placements, removal of gallstones, dilatation procedures and so on.
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Therapeutic endoscopy/bowel cancer screening
- Endoscopy training
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Iron deficiency anemia
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Liver disease
- Functional GI disorders
- Biliary and pancreatic disorders
Total Experience: Over 15 years
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Narayana Hrudayalaya and NH Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Kettering General Hospital, Northamptonshire, UK
- Advanced GI Endoscopy Fellow, Kettering General Hospital
- Specialist Registrar, Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Leicester and affiliated Hospitals (Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire)
- Research Fellow in Gastroenterology, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
- Senior house officer, Internal Medicine, Salford Royal Hospital NHS Trust/Hope Hospital, Manchester, UK
- Senior house officer, Internal Medicine, University Hospital Aintree Liverpool, UK