Hebbal - Doctors
Dr. Vishwanath Kamoji
MBBS, MD (Pediatrics), MRCPCH
Consultant - Neonatologist and Paediatrician
Dr. Vishwanath Kamoji has had a vast experience of working in India and in the UK.
After completing his MD in Paediatrics, he worked in Neonatal intensive care( NICU) and Pediatric intensive care( PICU) in reputed hospitals in Mumbai, before embarking on his career in the UK.
In the UK, he progressed rapidly having cleared his Membership exam in his first year. He worked, as a Research Registrar before obtaining a ‘Paediatric training’ in 2004, and moved across units specialising in tertiary pediatric, Neonatal and Pediatric intensive care (cardiology including ECMO) care. He obtained his Certificate of completion of specialist training (CCST)in 2009, and following this, he worked as a Post CCT registrar in NICU and PICU ( Birmingham Children's Hospital) gaining valuable experience in managing extremely sick neonates and children across specialities. As part of his training, he has been retrieving and transporting sick babies and children to tertiary units .
His first Consultant appointment was in University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry as a Neonatal consultant, and was further appointed as Paediatric consultant with Neonatal lead in Barnsley Hospital NHS FT, Barnsley.
He then moved to Birmingham Heartlands Hospital in 2011 as a tertiary neonatal consultant and worked there for a period of 2 years.
Currently he holds a position of Consultant Neonatologist – Columbia Asia Hospital – Hebbal.
His special interests include managing ventilated babies, evaluating feeding problems of the new born and coaching parents on the appropriate feeding techniques. He is specially skilled to manage babies during transit. He is passionate about practicing evidence based medicine.
Total Experience: Over 23 Years
- Consultant, Northtyneside Gen Hospital
- Locum Neonatal Consultant, Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham
- Locum Neonatal Consultant, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
- Locum Pediatric Consultant, Warwick General Hospital
- Locum Pediatric Consultant, Milton Keynes General Hospital
- Locum Pediatric Consultant, Barnsley Hospital NHS FT, Barnsley
- Locum Neonatal Consultant, University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry
- Senior Fellow NICU, Leicester Royal Infirmary