Kolkata - Doctors
Dr. Rajesh Goel
MBBS, Houseman, DCH, MRCPCH
Consultant - Pediatrics
Dr. Rajesh Goel is a Consultant Paedictrician at Columbia Asia Hospital in Kolkata with quality experience. He has pursued his M.B.B.S and D.C.H from Calcutta University. He then further completed his APLS from Middlesbrough, UK and MRCPCH from London. He started his career in India as a House Officer in General Medicine and then held various posts such as Senior S.H.O in Paediatric Medicine & Neonatology at Shishu Sanjivan Hospital for Children. He moved to UK in the year 1999 and has gained an experience of 8 years working at some of the best hospitals. This has helped him in becoming well adept in several procedures that he can independently perform such as venepuncture and cannulation in preterm, term babies, lumbar puncture, simple suturing and pleural aspiration. He has also pursued a number of courses such as Essential Paediatric Echocardiography, Paediatric Emergency Transfer Service and many more to help him become an expert in his field and treat his patients better. His research includes work like South Thames Research Application Programme, Identifying Best Evidence.
- Venepuncture and cannulation in preterm, term babies
- Emergency vascular access: intraosseous, umbilical
- Endotracheal intubation and Neonatal resuscitation
- Arterial access: umbilical, peripheral
- Injection: intradermal, intravenous, S.C. i.m.
- Urinalysis and microscopy
- Urinary catheterisation
- Lumbar puncture Simple
- Pleural aspiration
Total Experience: Over 24 years
- Senior House Officer in Paediatric Medicine Maidstone General Hospital Maidstone Kent, United Kingdom.
- Senior House Officer in Neonatology (Level 3 unit), Medwav Maritime Hospital Gillingham Kent United Kingdom
- Senior House Officer in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Derriford Hospital Plymouth United Kingdom
- Senior House Officer in Paediatric Medicine, Derriford Hospital Plymouth United Kingdom
- Senior Senior House Officer (middle grade) in Paediatrics, North Devon District Hospital Barnstaple N. Devon U.K.
- Registrar in General and Neonatal Paediatrics Gloucester Royal Hospital Gloucester United Kingdom
- Registrar in Paediatric Intensive Care Unit Royal Manchester Children Hospital Manchester U. K.
- Senior Registrar in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Saint Mary's Hospital, Manchester United Kingdom