Pune - Doctors
Dr. Kiran Kharat
MBBS, MS (Orthopedics), Dip LAMP Degree, BMAS
Consultant - Orthopedics
Dr. Kiran Kharat is trained in the UK for more than fourteen years after Master’s degree in Orthopedics from Pune University in 1990. He also has a Masters in Orthopedics from University College London after having successfully completed the postgraduate degree course under the tutelage of Prof. George Bentley.
After returning to India, he started the department of Arthritis and Joint replacement in two of Pune’s reputed hospitals, Ruby Hall Clinic and Aditya Birla Memorial Hospitals. He was founder Director and Senior Consultant on a full-time basis in these hospitals. Presently He is an Honorary Senior Consultant and is impaneled in other prestigious hospitals like Inlaks and Oyster and Pearl Hospitals.
Dr. Kiran has a personal series of more than 2000 joint replacements in the NHS (National Health Service, United Kingdom) and India. He is also involved in treating foreign nationals from Iran, Iraq, Africa with complex joint deformities with good results.
- Joint replacement of both Knee and Hip
- Re-do joint replacement surgeries
- Complex joint deformities
- Teaching and training students for joint replacement surgeries and CME activities
- Clinical audit and developing guidelines
- Evidence based clinical practice and participating in clinical governance
Total Experience: Over 27 Years
- Senior Consultant & Director of Arthritis and Joint Replacement Unit, Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital 2008-2009
- Consultant Joint Replacement Surgeon, Director, Joint Replacement Unit, Ruby Hall Clinic till date
- Specialist Orthopedic Surgeon, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, England, Oct. 2002 – Jun 2005
- Senior Staff Orthopedic Surgeon, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, England, Oct.1998-2002