Pune - Doctors
Dr. Poonam Patel Vasani
MBBS, MD (Delhi University), FIPM
Dr. Poonam Patel Vasani completed her MD in Anaesthesiology from Delhi University. She did training in pain medicine from Daradia Pain Foundation, Kolkata and secured the first position in the examination. She also completed a fellowship at Joshi Institute of pain, Hyderabad. She has also done a Fellowship in Palliative Medicine from Maharashtra University of Health Sciences at Cipla Palliative Care Centre. She has also been selected for Multidisciplinary Pain Management Programme by IASP at Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai.
She has participated in various workshops and conferences in Pain and Palliative Medicine. She is an active member of International Association for Study of Pain, Indian Society for the study of Pain, Indian Association of Palliative Care, Indian Society of Anaesthesiology, Indian Medical Association, Medical Council of India, Indian Society for Critical Care Medicine. She has gained immense experience in Pain Management at B.J Medical College and Sahyadri Hospitals, Pune.
- Management of Chronic body pains, Joint pains, Cancer Pain, Shoulder pain, Back pain, Neck pain, Knee pain, Post Herpetic Neuralgia, Scar Pain, Headache, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Heel Pain
- Interventional pain management like Facet Joint Injection, Epidural Injections, Sacroiliac Joint Injections, Stellate Ganglion Block, Coeliac Plexus Block, Suprascapular Nerve Block, Genicular Nerve block, PRP Therapy
- Palliative care for patients suffering from terminal illnesses like Cancer, Heart failure, COPD, Kidney failure, Neurological disorders like Stroke, Motor Neurone Disease
Total Experience: 10 Years
- Residency at University College of Medical Sciences & Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital
- Senior Residency at CNBC Hospital, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor (Anaesthesia and Pain Medicine) at B.J Medical College & Sassoon General Hospital, Pune.
- Consultant Pain and Palliative Medicine at Sahyadri Hospitals, Prudent International Health Clinic, Pune