Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Amita Bhandarkar
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), Fellowship in Diabetes (DFID)
Senior Consultant - Internal Medicine and Diabetology
Dr Amita Bhandarkar is the Senior Consultant in the Department of Internal Medicine and Diabetology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur. Having finished her MD in General Medicine, she gained experience in the management of the critically illness. She is a specialist who applies scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. She has been trained in handling multiple health conditions from acute to chronic illnesses.
She oversees the many decisions involved in a patient’s care, and coordinates all the other services the patient may need – including those from other specialists. She has received Distance Fellowship in Diabetes from Christian Medical College, Vellore. He has medically managed individuals with life-style and non-communicable diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. She has always been driven by academics and research and has published many research articles.
- Management of Diabetes
- Acute and chronic infections
- ICU management
- ICU procedures
Total Experience: Over 18 Years
- Senior Consultant in the Department of Internal Medicine at Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur
- Consultant Physician & Diabetologist at Apollo Clinic and a Visiting Consultant at Naryana Hospital.
- Consultant (Cardiologist) at Quintiles India for 1 year, where she did the analysis of the cardiac profiles of patients from various parts of the world
- Registrar in many premier medical institutes in Mumbai in Intensive Care Units where he gained hands on expertise in the management of the critically illness
- Internship at Nair Hospital, Mumbai, she worked as the medical officer at Primary Health Care Center, Manda, Titwala, gaining experience in the medical management of epidemics and tropical diseases