Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Lorance Peter
MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Gastroenterology), DNB (Gastroenterology)
HOD and Senior consultant - Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Dr Lorance Peter has over 18 years of post DM experience in treating digestive and liver diseases. He has many years of experience in high volume teaching hospitals in treating patients with complex GI and liver diseases. He has been involved in teaching and training of doctors specialising in Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases and has been a guide for more than 10 post graduate and Doctoral students in Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Dr Lorance has done more than 70,000 endoscopic procedures, colonoscopic procedures and ERCP. His special achievements include being an invited speaker for various national conferences, having won many awards for paper presentations in various conferences, and having been a trainer for spy glass cholangioscopy at national level. He was the first person to do Oesophageal and Rectal manometry in Karnataka, and the first to successfully do many cases of POEM procedure for treatment of Achalasia cardia in Karnataka. He had established the GI physiology lab at St. Johns Medical college hospital and Manipal Hospital Bangalore. Being driven by research, he has more than 25 international and National journal publications.
- GI Motility disorders, including Achalasia cardia
- POEM procedure
- Endoscopic resection of GI tumours- (ESD, EMR, STER procedure)
- Oesophageal and rectal manometry
- Therapeutic ERCP, stenting
- Pancreatic endoscopic therapy for chronic pancreatitis and pseudocysts
- Spy Glass cholangioscopy
- IBD (Ulcerative colitis and Crohns disease)
Total Experience: Over 23 Years
- Dr Lorance Peter is the Senior Consultant and Head of the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur
- Head of the Department of Medical Gastroenterology at Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- Professor of Gastroenterology at Manipal University
- Associate Professor of Gastroenterology, St Johns Medical college Bangalore till July 2004