Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Nandakishore S K
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), DNB (Urology), MD (Fellowship)
Consultant - Urology
Dr. Nandakishore SK is an experienced urologist, well versed with special interests in Endourology, laparoscopic and reconstructive urology. He has gained abundant knowledge and experience from international fellowship programme.
Having trained and worked under Urologists of international repute, he has been associated with Columbia Asia hospitals since 2011. He has excellent skills in performing various endourologic, laparoscopic procedures for urological disorders including kidney stones, cancers like bladder cancer, prostate cancer, PUJ obstruction, etc.
He has performed more than 500 laparoscopic procedures and close to 1500 procedures for kidney stones. Dr. Nandakishore is among the few experts in the field of Minimally Invasive Surgery for genitourinary tract diseases including stones, malignancy and reconstruction.
Dr. Nandakishore has performed more than 2000 laser surgeries, and is one of the few Urologists with expertise in performing RIRS, laser prostatectomy by HoLEP (Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate) and via Green light laser. He has done many upper and lower tract reconstruction surgeries and has special interest in urethroplasty, penile implant, pediatric urology and urinary incontinence surgeries.
He has elaborate knowledge of male sexual health and reproduction – and has been trained under internationally reputed andrologists. He has done various microsurgical ablation and reconstruction surgeries related to fertility.
Dr. Nandakishore has featured in more than 10 publication across national and international journals. He has various honours, awards and fellowships to his credit. He has been a delegate, faculty in various national and international conferences. and an expert reviewer for various national and international journals
Dr. Nandakishore is involved in research activities in the field of recurrent urinary tract infection – basic science research involving biofilms over the catheters. He was presented with the best paper award in basic science research – at 29th World Congress of Endourology and SWL, Kyoto, Japan.
He was involved in basic science research of renal stones. He is member of various medical associations – like Indian Medical Association, Urological Society of India, and South Asian society of sexual medicine
- Reconstructive urology
Total Experience: Over 15 years
- Consultant Urologist at Columbia Asia Hospitals, Bangalore from July 2011 till date
- Fellow in Endourology and Laparoscopic Urology in Hadassah Hebrew university medical school, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel ( July 2009- June 2011) – affliated to World Congress of endourology USA
- Junior consultant urologist at PVS Hospital, Calicut, Kerala, India (Feb 2009 – Jun 2009)
- Junior consultant urologist at Malabar institute of medical sciences, Calicut, Kerala, India - June 2007 to June 2007
- Registrar in Urology – Jan 2004 – May 2007, Muljibhai Patel urological hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat, India.
- Research post in Urology – Jun 2003 – Dec 2003, Muljibhai Patel urological hospital, Nadiad, Gujarat, India
- Senior Resident, Jan2003 – Jun 2003, Dept. Of Urology, Malabar institute of medical sciences, Calicut, Kerala, India
- Senior Resident, 2001 – 2002, Dept. Of Urology, St. John’s Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.