Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Rita Mhaskar
MBBS, MD (OBG), DNBE, FRS (Robotic Surgery), FRCOG (London)
Senior Consultant - Laparoscopic Gynecology
Dr Rita Mhaskar is trained and qualified Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur. She has extensive experience in care of high risk pregnancies with state of art fetal monitoring. She has performed innumerable caesarean sections including ones for complicated labour and caesarean hysterectomies. She has been a Professor and Head of Unit since 1997. She has handled a variety of complicated Gynaecological cases and performed hysterectomies both simple and complicated. She has handled other Gynaecological surgeries like vaginoplasty, VVF repair and genitoplasty.
Her area of special interest is endoscopic surgery and has performed more than 3000 laparoscopic surgeries including total laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomies, ovarian cystectomy, laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis adhesiolysis and operative hysteroscopies for uterine septum. Having been trained in Robotic surgery, she has performed Robotic hysterectomies & myomectomies. She also has special interest in treating infertility including IUI & IVF and has always had high success rate of pregnancies. She is regularly involved in academics and research, and brings the latest evidence into practice for better outcomes.
- Endoscopic surgery
- Gynaecologic Endocrinology
- High risk pregnancies
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Infertility treatments
Total Experience: Over 35 Years
- Dr Rita Mhaskar is the Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist at Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur
- Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist & In charge academics, Chairman Scientific Committee & Member Board of Ethics at Manipal Hospitals
- Professor and Head of Unit II in the Dept. of Obstetrician & Gynecologist from 2005 to 2009 at St John’s Medical College
- Senior Specialist & Head of the Dept. of Ob & Gyne at Sultan Qaboos Hospital, Salalah in the Sultanate of Oman
- Associate and Assistant Professor in the Dept of Ob & Gyne at St John’s Medical College, Bangalore.
- Senior Resident and Pool officer at the Dept of OB &G at AIIMS, Delhi