Sarjapur Road - Doctors
Dr. Sabina Rao
Consultant - Psychaitry
Dr Sabina is a Psychiatrist with extensive experience in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide spectrum of psychiatric disorders
She had a distinguished academic career, which has given her a broad insight into the subject of psychiatry. She has acquired all the necessary skills to deal with the vast and challenging problems encompassing the field of Psychiatry.
She has in-depth knowledge of various treatment modalities and therapies used to aid patient’s recoveries and improve functionality. She has an outstanding ability to zero in on paitent’s mental disorder with unfailing accuracy.
Her profiency in therapeutic communication techinques have enabled her to establish a rapport and deliver care those with mental health issues, those suffering with behavioural, and emotional issues,
Management of common mental health issues such as major depressive disorders, panic disorders and not so common conditions such as Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia are dealt with by her in a professional but empathic manner
Her exceptional skills in management of stress related disorders such as generalized anxiety disorders, mood fluctuations, substance misuse have helped professionals, who are unable to cope. She is well versed in therapies such as cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavioral therapies, in management of different mental disorders.
While at NIMHANS, she initiated tele psychiatry with primary treating doctors and helped over 1000 patients through her team’s consultations. She has worked in rehabilitation of the mentally ill and mentally challenged patients.
She is a professional who values ethics and is empathic in patient management. Her passion is to make care accessible to the needy at an affordable cost and with excellent clinical outcomes.
Total Experience: Over 10 Years
- Consultant at Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore October 2015 - September 2017
- Consultant at Annaswamy Mudaliar Hospital, Bangalore October 2015 to date
- Consultant for the Emotional Well Being Program for the elderly, Kites Health Clinic, Bangalore October 2016- September 2017
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bangalore, India August 2012- September 2015
- Richmond Fellowship Trust, Bangalore, India October 2011-August 2012
- Medical Consultant for the Danish Pharmacutical Lundbeck India January 2012-June 2012
- John Umstead Hospital/Central Regional Hospital, Butner, North Carolina, USA July 2007-May 2011