Ghaziabad - Neurology
The Department of Neurology at Columbia Asia Hospital - Ghaziabad offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The Neurology team is highly qualified, experienced and manage patients as per internationally accepted, evidence based protocols. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems as well as neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, intracranial bleeds (traumatic and non- traumatic), neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections and status epilepticus.
The neurology consultants are the leaders of the stroke team that also comprises of neurologists, neurosurgeons and interventional specialists trained in acute stroke care. The department of neurology is supported by well-equipped ICU facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses. Neurologists are experienced to administer botulinum toxin injections in various movement disorders and spasticity.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders including status epilepticus and refractory epilepsy
- Neurophysiology unit offers EEG
- Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, headaches, chronic pain, neuro-infections and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of stroke, intracranial bleeds
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Management of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease
- Treatment of Parkinson’s disease