Hebbal - Neurology
Department of Neurology at Columbia Asia Hospital - Hebbal, Bangalore offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The Neurology team is highly qualified, experienced and manage patients as per internationally accepted, evidence based protocols. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems as well as neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, intracranial bleeds (traumatic and non- traumatic), neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections and status epilepticus.
The neurology consultants are the leaders of the stroke team that also comprises of neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons and interventional specialists trained in acute stroke care. The procedures offered are intravenous, intra-arterial and mechanical thrombolysis, intracranial and extracranial cerebral vessel angioplasty and stenting, decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts, evacuation of the intracerebral clots using penumbra device and stereotactic technique
The department of neurology is supported by well equipped Neuro intensive care unit facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses. The team also has expertise in Deep Brain Stimulation therapy and lesioning surgery for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders aided by the advanced stereotactic and neuro-navigational system. Neurologists are experienced to administer botulinum toxin injections in various movement disorders and spasticity.
Treatments and Services
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
- Neurophysiology unit: Nerve conduction study, Electromyography, Repetitive nerve stimulation study, evoked potentials (VEP,SSEP,BAER), EEG, portable EEG and sleep lab
- Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro-infections and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of stroke
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Management of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s disease
- Thrombolysis with tissue plasminogen activator (TPA)