Kolkata - General Surgery
Columbia Asia Hospital – Salt Lake, Kolkata has a well-established department of general surgery, which focuses on laparoscopic and hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery and performs a wide range of surgeries. All trauma patients are evaluated by the surgical team. The department has highly qualified and experienced surgeons who are trained in reputed institutes.
Laparoscopic surgery is a preferred technique, especially the Single Incision Laparoscopic surgery (SILS), which is an advanced minimally invasive surgical technique where the surgeon operates through a single entry point to minimize scars, decrease pain and enable the patient to recover faster.
This department is supported by round the clock laboratory, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
Comprehensive care in the areas of
- Trauma and accidents
- Surgical emergencies
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery for diseases affecting the liver, esophagus and stomach,
- Colorectal surgery for diseases of the colon, rectum and anal canal
- Endocrine surgery for thyroid and other endocrine glands
- Breast surgery for any tumors, both benign and malignant
- Surgical oncology
- Treatment for hemorrhoids
- Surgery for gall bladder diseases and gall stones (Cholecystectomy)
- Surgical treatment of leading ulcers and varices