Kolkata - Urology
The Department of Urology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Salt Lake, Kolkata offers a wide range of services for urological diseases and is supported by lab and diagnostic services such as radiology, pathology, microbiology and blood holding unit.
The team provides comprehensive uro-oncology, reconstructive urology and pediatric urology services. They also provide andrology services like penile implants and male infertility treatment. The urology department offers round the clock emergency services for urinary obstruction, infection, urological trauma and other emergencies.
Treatments and Procedures
- Female urological procedures like VVF (Vesico Vaginal Fistula), UVF (Uretero Vaginal Fistula), RVF(Recto Vaginal Fistula ) and TVT (Tension Free Vaginal Tape) or TOT (Trans Obturator Tape)
- Pediatric urology
- Reconstructive urology like urethroplasty and pyeloplasty
- Andrology procedures like testicular biopsy (percutaneous and open), microsurgical varicocelectomy, vaso- vasostomy (vasectomy reversal) and treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Neuro-urology procedures like uroflowmetry and urodynamic study
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Surgery)
- URS (Ureterorenoscopy)
- Laparoscopic stone removal
- Transurethral crushing of the bladder stone
- Conventional and bipolar turp (trans urethral resection of the prostate)
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Trans rectal ultrasonography (TRUS)