Palam Vihar - General Surgery
Columbia Asia Hospital – Palam Vihar, Gurgaon has a well-established Department of General Surgery, which focuses on laparoscopic and hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery and performs a wide range of surgeries. All trauma patients are evaluated by the surgical team. The department has highly qualified and experienced surgeons who are trained in reputed institutes.
Laparoscopic surgery is a preferred technique, especially the Single Incision Laparoscopic surgery (SILS), which is an advanced minimally invasive surgical technique where the surgeon operates through a single entry point to minimize scars, decrease pain and enable the patient to recover faster.
This department is supported by round the clock laboratory, blood holding unit, ICU, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Laparoscopic surgery for gall bladder diseases, acute appendicitis, hemorrhoids (stapled hemorroidopexy)
- Laparoscopic surgery for hernia, esophagus, stomach, intestine, colorectal surgeries
- Advanced minimal access surgeries for obesity
- Treatment and surgeries for trauma and accidents
- Surgical emergencies
- Breast surgery for any tumors, both benign and malignant
- Surgical oncology
- Gastro Intestinal Oncology
- Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgeries
- GI Surgery for Complex Benign Disorders of GI tract & Solid Organs
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery for diseases affecting the liver, oesophagus, stomach, gall bladder and appendix
- Breast surgery for tumour, both benign and malignant