Palam Vihar - Neurosurgery
The Department of Neurosurgery at Columbia Asia Hospital – Palam Vihar, Gurgaon has a team of highly qualified and experienced Neurosurgeons specializing in various types of neurosurgery for comprehensive management of diseases and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. The department aims at excellence in neurosurgical care through practice of evidence based medicine and treatment according to international protocols.
The consultants in the department have the expertise in various aspects of modern neurosurgery including trauma care, cerebrovascular surgery, interventional neuroradiology, endoscopic neurosurgery, minimally invasive neurosurgery and stereotactic neurosurgery. Comprehensive neuro-trauma services are available round the clock to provide emergency care for patients needing surgical and ICU management of head and spinal injuries.
Multiple minimally invasive procedures including artificial disc replacement, correction of kyphosis and scoliosis, removal of spinal cord and brain tumors, pituitary surgery and surgery for infections are also done.
Skull base surgeries are done as a multi-specialty surgical exercise which requires a team approach and is offered for surgical excision of skull base tumors, cranio facial resection and CSF (Cerebrospinal fluid) leak repair. The team also performs functional neurosurgical procedures like epilepsy surgery and surgery for pain relief.
Treatments and Procedures
- Cerebrovascular surgery for carotid endarterectomy, cerebral Aneurysms, arterio venous malformation (AVM)
- Skull base surgeries
- Pediatric neurosurgeries like shunt surgery and surgery for spinal dysraphism
- Interventional neuroradiology like coiling of aneurysm , AVM embolization diagnostic angiograms and intraoperative angiograms
- Vascular surgeries like carotid endarterectomy, external carotid-internal carotid bypass surgery, aneurysmal surgery and surgery for arteriovenous malformations
- Trauma surgeries
- Laparoscopic surgeries or endoscopic surgeries
- Stereotactic neurosurgery
- Pituitary surgery