Pune - Neurology
Department of Neurology at Columbia Asia Hospital – Pune offers round the clock, comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic neurology services. The Neurology team is highly qualified, experienced and manage patients as per internationally accepted, evidence based protocols. The team handles regular outpatient neurological problems as well as neurological emergencies like acute ischemic strokes, intracranial bleeds (traumatic and non- traumatic), neuromuscular emergencies, neuro-infections and status epilepticus.
The neurology consultants are the leaders of the stroke team that also comprises of neurologists and neurosurgeons trained in acute stroke care. The procedures offered are intravenous, intra-arterial and mechanical thrombolysis, intracranial and extracranial cerebral vessel angioplasty and stenting, decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts, evacuation of the intracerebral clots using penumbra device and stereotactic technique
The department of neurology is supported by well equipped Neuro intensive care unit facilities like invasive intra cranial pressure monitoring and bedside Electro Encephalo Gram (EEG) monitoring for managing critically ill patients with neurological illnesses. Neurologists are experienced to administer botulinum toxin injections in various movement disorders and spasticity.
Treatments and Procedures
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders
- Neurophysiology unit: Nerve conduction study, Repetitive nerve stimulation study, EEG and portable EEG
- Management of neuromuscular disorders, peripheral neuropathies, chronic pain, neuro-infections and sleep disorders
- Management and treatment of stroke, intra cranial bleeds, neuro-muscular emergencies and status epilepticus
- Comprehensive neuro rehabilitation including physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Management of dementia including Alzheimer’s disease
- Trauma related neurological problems
- Intra cranial and extra cranial cerebral vessel angioplasty/stenting, decompressive craniectomy for large infarcts, stereotactic evacuation of intra-cerebral clots
- Botulinum toxin injections for various movement disorders and spasticity
- Diagnosis and management of various seizure disorders and refractory epilepsy including epilepsy surgery
- Outpatient and inpatient management of various illnesses like headaches, dementia and parkinsonism