Whitefield - Doctors
Dr. Naveen Kumar
Consultant - Gastroenterologist
Dr. N Kumar is a highly qualified Gastroenterologist at Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield with over 17 years of quality experience. After completing his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University in 1998, he earned several other degrees to his name. He has acquired vast knowledge and skills by pursuing MRCP, CCST in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine, Bowel Cancer Screener Accreditation, MRCP in Gastroenterology and FRCP. Beyond education he has gained extensive experience in clinical as well as managerial aspects of gastroenterology practice. Before joining Columbia Asia he worked as Consultant in Gastroenterology at Peterborough and Stamford NHS Trust, UK for 8 years. He is a highly dedicated professional who aspires to continue with the lifelong learning process and practice most update evidence based medicine. Owing to his interest he is knowledgeable about newer techniques in endoscopy including NOTES, Confocal endoscopy, POEMS among others. Apart from the enriching clinical experience he has also gained qualitative clinical and research experience.
- Advanced therapeutic Endoscopy
- Management of Gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s and Colitis)
- Complex ERCP & Complex EMR
- Management of Gastrointestinal Cancer
Total Experience: Over 17 Years
- Senior House Officer, A&E, Elderly Medicine, Neurology, Endocrinology and Gastroenterology, East Anglia, North West and Yorkshire, UK. 1999 to 2001.
- Specialist Registrar in GIM and Gastroenterology, North West and Eastern Deaneries, UK. 2001 to 2007
- Clinical Research Fellow, Liver Unit, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, UK. 2008.
- Substantive Consultant in Gastroenterology, Peterborough and Stamford NHS Trust, UK. Sep 2008 to Dec. 2015
- Endoscopy Training Lead, Peterborough and Stamford NHS Trust, UK. 2011 to 2015.
- Head of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Department, Peterborough and Stamford NHS Trust, UK 2015.
- Locum Consultant in Gastroenterology, Peterborough and Stamford NHS Trust, UK. Jan 2016 to Sept. 2016.