Yeshwanthpur - Doctors
Dr. Natarajan Angamuthu
MBBS, DNB (surgery), MNAMS,FRCS, Diploma in Laparoscopic surgery, FICS, MBA in Health Care Services
Dr. Natarajan is a highly trained and experienced surgeon at Columbia Asia Referral Hospital – Yeshwanthpur. After his graduation from KIMS, Bangalore University he completed his residency in Surgery at St. Martha's Hospital, a premier teaching institution in Bangalore. Subsequently he was selected as faculty St. John's Medical College Hospital, Bangalore. As part of the surgical department he was involved in teaching undergraduate medical and nursing students alongside his clinical duties as a general, trauma, gastro-intestinal and laparoscopic surgeon.
He further pursued specialized training in the National Health Service hospitals - England. During his tenure in England at various prestigious institutions including Royal Cornwall hospital, Brighton and Sussex university hospital, Blackpool Victoria hospital and West Suffolk hospital he trained in Laparoscopic Surgery, Colorectal surgery and Enhanced recovery program in colorectal surgery. Later he completed Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery from the University Louis Pasteur & IRCAD - France.
Dr. Natarajan is also an excellent academician and has presented papers in state and national meetings and published multiple articles in national as well as international journals. He has won best paper awards at state and national level meeting including the Young Surgeons Gold medal Award at Bangalore in 2001. He has also been awarded the travelling Fellowship of Surgical Society of Bangalore in 2002 and the prestigious Travelling Fellowship Award of Royal College of Physicians and surgeons of Glasgow in 2003.
Following his successful tenure in England, he returned back to India and has been part of the surgical team at Columbia Asia Hospitals since December 2010. Over the last 5 years He has been instrumental in successfully implementing the concept of ‘Damage Control Surgery’ which is an unique modality of performing emergency surgeries in staged manner in critically ill patients who will not survive conventional surgery. This is commonly used in unstable patients with major trauma following road traffic accidents, major abdominal sepsis and mesenteric ischemia.
- Basic and advanced Laparoscopic surgery (appendix, gallbladder, hernia, intestines etc)
- Colorectal Surgery (colon, rectum and anal canal)
- Abdominal surgeries related to trauma involving stomach, intestines, spleen, liver etc
- Bariatric Surgery and Metabolic Surgery
- Emergency surgery related to mesenteric ischaemia, complicated herniae (inguinal, ventral, incisional and femoral), peritonitis and intestinal obstruction.
Total Experience: Over 19 years
- West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Blackpool, England
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals, Brighton, Sussex, England
- Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, England
- St. John's Medical College Hospital, Bangalore.India
- St.Martha's Hospital. Bangalore. India