Chief Of Medical Services - Ahmedabad
Posted on 2017-12-07 10:59
Key areas of responsibility:
To oversee the medical aspect of the facility.
Main Job Tasks:
· Plans target oriented budget allocation as directed by General Manager for medical department with regard to equipment purchase/ up gradation, manpower allocation and development of clinical programs.
· Ensures complete supervision of all medical operations including patient care activities, optimizing the utilization of services, addressing patient complaints and ensuring that all clinical as well as non clinical processes and protocols are adhered to.
· Ensures strict confidentiality regarding patient information.
· Reviews customer satisfaction surveys relating to medical team and takes required measures as necessary.
· Provides medical expertise with respect to planning and establishing goals and policies to improve medical management.
· Assist in the implementation, enforcement and compliance of the medical bylaws and hospital policies.
· Develops/reviews hospital policies regarding ethical issues.
· Heads the forum for the discussion of ethical and moral questions and concerns that arise in the hospital.
· Will conduct review of adverse events in the hospital as necessary.
· Responsible for manpower planning, recruitment and credentialing of consultants and coordinating with the Medical Practices Committee for decisions relating to the medical aspects of the facility.
· Supports and helps formulate business promotion through identification of target oriented initiatives and guides the marketing activities for each clinical discipline, in line with hospital sales & marketing plan.
· Co-ordinates with concerned departments to ensure smooth functioning of the administrative procedures relating to signing of the consultant agreement, payments and other processes.
· Provides leadership in coordination of medical and administrative policies of the hospital and the medical staff.
· Is responsible for the accreditation of the facility and for implementing, maintaining and improving quality standards of the facility.
· Ensure highest standards of ethical medical practices in the hospital.
· Will perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
· Responsible for timely setting of KRA and review as per the PMS guidelines
· Ensure your team participate in REDS activities
10+ years post MBBS, with 2 to 5 years of administrative experience preferable