Customer Care Assistant
Posted on 2017-06-09 12:28
Key areas of responsibility:
Assists patients with information and provides necessary services upon their arrival or departure from the hospital.
Main Job Tasks
- Provides general information on services offered by the hospital.
- Directs guests, patients, relatives and vendors to the appropriate departments or staff.
- Controls cost and expenditure related to department stationery, telephone usage as well as minimizes wastage of electricity and water.
- Is responsible for the console
- Handles all external & internal incoming calls across the hospital.
- Telephonic appointments for consultants are taken.
- Takes messages for staff & consultants.
Is responsible for outpatients :
- Registers patients / customers,
- Screen patients and assign to the appropriate consultants
- Accompanies/directs patients to various departments/nursing stations.
- Moves charge sheets to various departments.
- Ensures that bills are paid and medicines are collected.
Is responsible for Inpatients:
- Admissions from OPD & ER / Emergency Admissions.
- Getting the consent form signed by the inpatient relatives.
- Explaining about visiting hours, passes, admission kit, valuables, tariff sheets, phone activation, café, nurse stations, folders, wrist band, room familiarization, provides important phone numbers etc.
- Provides information on top up deposits to customers and follows up and ensures that deposits are collected.
- Visits patient rooms on a daily basis.
- Heath screens
- Assists in the health check for corporate/non corporate.
- Compiles and monitors bed status reports.
- Reports any incidence that occurs at the facility to the Supervisor/Customer Care Manager.
- Ensure visitors adhere to the companies visiting hours.
- Arranges for baggage handling and other services requested by patients and relatives.
- Assists patients with wheel chair or any other requirements.
- Arranges for incoming and outgoing courier/letters to be dispatched.
- Assists in camps, health check programs, CMEs etc.
- Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings
Supplementary Position Guidelines:
Position Reports to : Customer Care Manager
Personnel reporting to the Position:
Direct reports: Nil
Indirect reports: Nil
External : Patients, Patient relatives
Internal : Staff & Consultants
Any Graduate with relevant experience