Full Tiime Consultant - Orthopaedics (Pune)
Posted on 2017-12-07 11:06
Provides professional care according to established standards and procedures.
Assists in the administration by providing skills needed in directing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating the delivery of patient care in the OPD, in-patient and Emergency services.
Provide clinical services for referrals and in multi–disciplinary care of patients.
Arrange for appropriate investigations to be carried out and formulate a differential diagnosis.
Responsible for review of investigation results, patient records etc. which arise as a consequence of clinical duties and prepare a management plan according to the diagnosis
Ensures the other care givers like junior medical staff and nurses understand the instructions
Assists the Chief of Medical Services in the overall management of the department requirements
Is able to project department requirements.
- Review and inform Chief of Medical Services regarding problems and needs, recommending changes in the policies and procedures.
- Assist the ID consultant in Antibiotic use and infection control practices
- Ensures compliance with Quality standards and prepares CMQ reports
- Ensures compliance with accreditation standards
- Identifies appropriate internal controls for department; provides mechanisms to monitor and enforce compliance.
- Follows appropriate infection control practices
People & Organization Responsibility
Takes responsibility for the Medical Staff who report to the position.
Provides on job orientation to Medical staff and Fellows and keeps them informed of the philosophies, policies, and procedures to be followed in caring for patients and their families.
Provides for in-service and/or continuing education for the medical staff and fellows.
Evaluates the work performance of the medical staff and fellows.
Arranges and recommends vacation schedules for the medical staff and fellows.
Counsel medical staff and fellows on personal and work problems.
Plans work assignments and schedules.
Will perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
MBBS+ MS in Orthpaedics