Posted on 2017-05-12 13:16
Key areas of responsibility:
Responsible for the generation of increased revenue by the Hospital, for increases in numbers of patients of the hospital, and increase in the number of third party paying customers of the hospital.
Main Job Tasks:
- To ensure expense lines of the Marketing department is within budgeted expenses.
- Establish marketing contacts with corporations, insurers and other third party purchasers of health care services. Conduct presentations to these organisations of the services and facilities of the hospital. Organise direct negotiations and contacts for services with these organisations.
- Participate as an assistant to the Marketing Manager in these negotiations through the provision of information about prices and / or costs, suggested health care package programs, or other data as requested by the GM.
- Coordinate and manage specific requirements requested by third party customers, i.e., customised reports etc., Respond to all enquiries by third party customers. Refer all complaints to the customer service department, but monitor complaints to assure that responses to third party customers are made on timely basis.
- Assist the Marketing Manager on various community related programmes developed by the communication department of the company e.g.
- Health talks and community education programmes
- Health camps : client contact programmes
- CME programmes, wellness programmes, Columbia kids programme
- Soccer programme
- Special events
- Assist the Marketing Manager in Developing an annual marketing plan and budget for the hospital
- Assists the Finance Department of the Hospital in debt collection when necessary.
- Monitor the business of competitors in the market. Provide to the Marketing Manager about overall market conditions as requested.
- Follow the PMS schedule as per the PMS guidelines
- Participate in REDS activity as when organised by the unit.
Key Performance Measures (Measurable):
- Gross operating profit of the unit
- Unit operational productivity
- Manpower Turnover
- Quality Audit
- Climate opinion survey
- Employee Motivation Index
- Man days of training attended.
Key Performance Measures (Non Measurable):
- Positive attitude
- Eye for details
- External/Internal goodwill created for the organization
- Positive environment in the unit
Supplementary Position Guidelines:
Position Reports to : Marketing Manager
Personnel reporting to the Position:
Direct reports: Nil
Indirect reports: Nil
External : Patients, vendors, Corporate etc.
Internal : Consultants and Staff
Any Graduation with PGD/MBA in Marketing