Diploma in Emergency and Trauma Nursing
This program aims to prepare our in-house nurses to develop the professional qualities and abilities necessary for the management of patients in an Emergency and Trauma care environment. The unique proposition of this program is that it is also open for external candidates and it is hoped that these nurses may seek employment with us on course completion. The training will be provided through the development and application of a theoretical knowledge base and the acquisition and practice of advanced clinical skills. The course is designed to develop the nurse's competence in the field of Emergency and Trauma care.
On completion of the Emergency and Trauma Nursing Program, nurses should be able to:
- Identify the role of the Emergency and Trauma Nurse in the promotion, conservation and restoration of optimal health status.
- Perform Triage assessment of Emergency and Trauma patients in pre-hospital and ER setup.
- Comprehensive management of Emergency and trauma Cases (Cardiac, Neurological, Respiratory etc.) in ER and in the Ambulance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Able to co-ordinate and manage in case out outbreaks like HINI ,Dengue etc
- Manage Ambulance functioning with regard to use of medical instruments and stock management.
- Possess knowledge and skills in using Emergency drugs, Crash cart, Defibrillator, and portable Ventilator.
- Special emphasis on mobilizing of sick patients, shifting of patient to/from Ambulance/ER/Radiology.
- To have knowledge on Codes in relation to both ER and Hospital & infection control policies and practices.
- Focus on managing practical difficulties, medico legal aspects and documentation.
- Demonstrate a satisfactory performance level in identified competencies.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the various applied theories which underpin Emergency and Trauma Nursing Care Practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the function and clinical application of technology in an Emergency and Trauma care setting.
- Plan and implement appropriate care utilizing analytical, interpretive, assessment and problem solving techniques.
- Recognize the legal, ethical and moral issues involved in the provision of Emergency and Trauma Care.
- Able to effectively communicate with the patients and their companions with empathy
Scope of learning:
- Postings in ER Intensive care Unit/Coronary Care Unit/Cath lab, Dialysis Unit, NICU, LDR and Ambulance.
- Practical experience in Emergency procedures – ECG, ABG, GCS, CPR; etc.
- Additional procedures – Assisting/performing ET Intubation, Chest tube management, wound management, Catheterization, NG tube insertion, phlebotomy, IV Cannulation
- Biomedical teaching on cardiac monitor, Syringe pump, Infusion pump, Suction apparatus, Warmer, BiPAP, CPAP, etc.
The one year course has been divided into six modules, each module is of two month durations. There are specific objectives of each module; the student will have to undergo a written examination, practical demonstration, presentation and an interview with the Emergency Physician / External faculty at the end of sixth module. After successfully passing one module, the candidate would move on to the subsequent modules and finally would be awarded the course completion certificate.
The candidates will be posted in the following clinical areas as per the schedule given below:
|Sl. No||Clinical Area||Duration|
|1||Emergency Medicine||10 months|
|2||ICU/Coronary Care Unit/Cath||4 weeks|
|3||Dialysis Unit||1 week|
- 1 year – Full Time
- 6 modules, 2 months each
- Inclusive of 2 months compulsory internship
Course location: Columbia Asia Hospital, Pune.
- GNM (with Nursing council registration number)
- B.Sc. Nursing (with Nursing council registration number)
Course Fees: ₹ 25,000/-
- Written examination
- Personal Interview
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org