This program aims to prepare our in-house nurses to develop the professional qualities and abilities necessary for the management of patients in an intensive care environment. This is provided through the development and application of a theoretical knowledge base and the acquisition and practice of advanced clinical skills.
The Intensive Care Nursing Program is one year full time course. The course is designed to develop the nurse's competence in the field of Intensive Care Nursing.
On completion of the Intensive Care Nursing Program, nurses should be able to:
- Identify the role of the intensive care nurse in the promotion, conservation and restoration of optimal health status;
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of the various applied theories which underpin Intensive Care Nursing Practice;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the function and clinical application of technology in an intensive care setting;
- Plan and implement appropriate care utilizing analytical, interpretive, assessment and problem solving techniques;
- To have a knowledge on infection control policies
- Recognize the legal, ethical and moral issues involved in the provision of intensive care;
- Demonstrate a satisfactory performance level in identified competencies.
- Able to effectively communicate with the patients and their companions with empathy
The one year course has been divided into six modules, each module is of two month durations. There are specific objectives of each module; the student will have to undergo a written examination, practical demonstration, presentation and an interview with the Emergency Physician / External faculty at the end of sixth module. After successfully passing one module, the candidate would move on to the subsequent modules and finally would be awarded the course completion certificate.
- 1 year – Full Time
- 6 modules, 2 months each
- Inclusive of 2 months compulsory internship
Course location: Columbia Asia Hospitals Pune and Bengaluru
- GNM (with Nursing council registration number)
- B.Sc. Nursing (with Nursing council registration number)
- Written examination- Objective type
- Personal Interview